Welcome to my world

Hello Visitor......Welcome to my blog where I share my thoughts and beliefs on things and issues around us.

Sunday 17 November 2013

Traditional Knowledge that Continues

I remember the day you were born, my little bundle of joy...so small and delicate that I was afraid to even hold you in my arms. You were tiny really tiny and they called you premature....it gave me some worries with the  joy you had brought. I was overjoyed to have you in my life....my first baby...my first dream that truly came alive....a baby girl in my two palms joined together.

Yes you were small and delicate and weak too and I was inexperienced, immature, afraid and confused too.
What, how, and when were all the words that started my conversations then, as you were there with your sweet little face so carelessly asleep by my side.....too sure of your mother who wasn't sure herself.

Sometimes you cried and I checked your bottom...but it was clean and dry... and then I knew not why? I wrapped you in a blanket and kept you close to my bosom...but it seemed not to comfort you and that was worrisome. How could I know...for I had not seen or held or taken care of someone like you before...there was so much to do and had to learn even more.

But lucky I was to have with me a treasure of traditional knowledge in my family tree. They shared their knowledge with me many a times, at times when you just needed a good massage rather than some medicine. I saw you smiling after those heartbreaking cries...when a colic was treated not with any synthetic product but a home-made recipe known from ages.
    

With all such people around me...sharing their traditional knowledge I became more of myself...more natural and made myself your mother in true senses. Now I try to learn more of that wisdom and would like to share them with you when you need to know them.

For the tree need to grow and strengthen its roots and grow more new trees from its shoots. The tree must grow bigger to give more fruits...more shadow to those who need it under the harsh sun.



This post is my entry to the Traditional Knowledge, Natural Growth contest in association with indiblogger.com



5 comments:

  1. Heartfelt, deep and sincere thoughts. All the best for the contest.

    You can read my entry at http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=296460

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a mothers sentiments in here.... Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://legionpharmallp.com/product/lemopi-hc-by-legion-pharma/
    Best Pigmentation removal, Mosturizing & anti-ageing cream in India.

    ReplyDelete